Hi, my name is Lizzy Keen.
I'm a freelance journalist and copywriter who graduated from Griffith University Gold Coast with a Bachelor of Communications (Journalism and Spanish Studies) and a Bachelor of Business (Marketing) in 2015.
Through a lifelong love of reading and language, I've come to be a writer with a special interest in social politics and travel.
Since graduating, I've been a principal writer for, and contributor to, Zarraffa's Coffee Grind Magazine, Pindara Magazine, Blank GC and Independent Australia, among others. I'm a regular writer for the international travel site Global Hobo.
I also speak advanced-intermediate Spanish.
When I'm not busy reading or highlighting impressive sentences, I'm surfing or practicing yoga.
Copywriter, Nude Creative
Creative Marketing and Publishing Agency, Gold Coast
January 2014 – December 2015
Working with a dynamite team of graphic designers and coders. Brainstorming editorial plans and writing features articles. Contributing to marketing plans and collateral. Crushing deadlines.
- Delivered feature articles for various client magazines (health & fitness, restaurant reviews, culture and profiles)
- Completed client, competitor and market researc
- Wrote advertising material across various styles and platforms, from luxury real estate media to non-profit branding
- Created and executed social media plans for clients
- Contributed to pitches, tender material and client meetings
Freelance copywriter and journalist
June 2014 – Now
Writing informative and thought-provoking articles for local and national publications, print and online. Interviewing in person, online and over phone. Copywriting and editing services for Classic Lifestyle Magazine. Focus on social politics and travel. Published work at www.lizzykeen.com.
“Liz has become a significant part of our media business in the past four years. Irrespective of where I am, or she is, in the world, I can rely on her support, editing prowess and creative journalism skills. Her uncompromising commitment has provided me flexibility with multiple global projects.”
Philip Harte CEO Harte International
Founder Classic Lifestyle Magazine
Student Ambassador and Go Global Ambassador
Griffith University Gold Coast
January 2014 – December 2014
Selected as high achiever to represent Griffith University Gold Coast during Open Day and information events. As Go Global Ambassador, contributed to information sessions and encouraged students to undertake overseas exchange program.
- Engaged with and encouraged prospective students and their families at information events
- Promoted Griffith University and explained degrees at off-campus information events at high schools in the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast
I do not claim to have produced the design, images or artwork featured in each 'Published Work' item.
I only claim ownership of the written content. The layouts appear as they were published in print or online. Refer to title for publication.